Shoot with care
The Racton Tower is private property and as such, you should always stick to the public path and respect any barriers installed by the owner of the property.
About this spot
Racton Monument, initially called Stansted Castle and sometimes known as Racton Tower, was constructed in approximately 1766-1770 to the design of Theodosius Keene for Lord Halifax who was the owner of Stansted Estate at that time, within which the tower was built.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers