Shoot with care
Powerstock Common nature reserve is home to a wide range of flora and fauna, and as with any areas such as this, care should be taken not to disturb the natural environment.
About this spot
Powerstock Common is hidden deep in the west Dorset countryside, and offers an unspoilt mix of ancient woodland and open grassy areas. The location is a gem and offers the photographer an extensive list of shooting opportunities, from wet and dry grassland, scrub, woodland and small copses. Whist the landscape enthusiast will love the varied and ancient woodlands on offer, the network of ponds within the scrub and grassland areas provide nature photographers ample interest with the reserve being a valuable site for amphibians; home to toads, frogs and all three species of native newt.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.