About this spot
Port Orford, the most westerly town in the 48 contiguous states, is a small, working fishing town with an active arts community. The port itself is unusual in that there is no safe harbor so the boats of the fishing fleet are hauled out of the water by cranes and placed on dollies, then moved to dry land “docks”.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.