Shoot with care
Perkins Cove is a working fishing harbor in Maine. It is also a prime tourist destination in the summer months. In the summer, particularly on weekend days and evenings, it can be very crowded. In many areas a tripod will interfere with pedestrians at these peak times.
About this spot
Perkins Cove is a very small harbor on the southern Maine coast. It holds a colorful mix of vessels. The surrounding land holds hotels, tourist shops and private homes. In the fall, spring and winter the harbor use is primarily commercial fishing. There are few tourists during these months. Many of the businesses close from late October to late spring. During the summer months drone use will be very difficult due to the crowded area. The parking areas, shop areas and some hotels are wheelchair accessible. The drawbridge and floating docks are not.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers