Shoot with care
This is a controversial site for many people. Locals here sell dog meat, rats, fruit bats and even monkeys. This is ancient tradition however we certainly hope the treatment of captive animals will improve with educating locals.
About this spot
The local market at Tomohon is certainly an exotic place to visit. Locals sell all kinds for fruit and vegetables as well as fish and all kinds of meat. This includes dog meat, fruit bats, rats, sometimes monkey or snakes. Definitely not for sensitive people!
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers