About this spot
The trail to Park Butte Lookout is a moderately steep and occasional rough 7-mile round trip. It starts with a fairly level crossing of Schriebers Meadow then climbs to reach Rocky Creek at 1 mile. This can be a tricky crossing in late July and early August when the water splashes over the log and plank bridge. The trail then climbs for another mile to Lower Morovitz Meadow where the Scott Paul trail branches off to the right. Continue left to Upper Morovitz Meadow and expanding views of Mount Baker. At 2.4 miles the Railroad Grade trail, mostly used by climbers, heads off to the right. The main trail stays left, climbing to an open meadow spotted with several small lakes. If you reach this point before 1:00 pm, continue up to the lookout before heading down to photograph Mount Baker reflecting in the water.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.