About this spot
Olmsted Point offers a rather unique view of Half Dome as seen from the north. Many visitors do not even recognize the iconic landmark from this perspective. The name Olmsted Point now refers to the whole view you can see from this large parking spot. For the best views, I recommend going to the west end of the parking lot and hiking up on the granite for a few yards, heading for the high point.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.