About this spot
Old Paria (aka Old Pahreah) is an easy side trip off US-89 between Kanab and Page, accessible to all passenger cars except during or after a rain. It is an area where history meets breathtaking Chinle formation badlands for a highly rewarding photographic journey. You'll soon arrive at the site of the former Paria movie set. Originally erected in 1963 for the filming of Western movies, it was destroyed by a flash flood in 1999, rebuilt by the BLM with help of local funding, only to fall victim to arson in 2006. With such a tragic past, it comes as no surprise that there are no further plans to rebuild the set. Still, a set of interpretive panels, a picnic area, and restrooms are present. The stars of the show are now the exquisite, colorful badlands surrounding the old site!
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/photohou/public_html/inc/my_collections.php on line 147
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/photohou/public_html/inc/my_collections.php on line 198