Old Gang Smelt Mill & Surrender Bridge
16 images 3 contributors
About this spot
Some of the buildings and locations close to the bridge itself can often be quite busy as they're so easily accessible and popular with the general public - but venturing up or down the valley soon takes you away from the crowds and you immerse yourself in Swaledale's lead mining history. There may be a lot of mess, spoil heaps and ruins, but this is part of what makes these locations unique.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.