Shoot with care
Paths are sometimes fragile and relatives of people who lived at Occi do visit to pay their respects to the village site. The chapel has been restored but is not open to the public who may visit.
About this spot
The abandoned village of Occi nestles on a plateau above Lumio, in Balagne. It was established in the 15th C by people scared of attacks by pirates along the coast. Towards the end of the 19th C there were less than 70 inhabitants. Water shortage caused the decline of the village, and it was deserted around 1910. The church has been restored and an annual Pentecost service is held there. The relatives of villagers want the location to be kept as preserved and quiet as possible. The only access is on foot via the ancient mule trail of huge boulders.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers