About this spot
The moss covers everything along the North Fork of the Sol Duc River. It covers the trees, the river banks and even the rocks in the water, making it unique among the larger rivers on the Olympic Peninsula. The mile long hike to the river requires climbing to the crest of a fern covered ridge then descending the other side. The bridge washed out years ago and has never been replaced, limiting easy exploration to the area near the ford.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.