About this spot
The North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island is the best spot to photograph and view the aquatic life that lives on the Outer Banks. Here you have the opportunity to photograph life under the water without having to resort to scuba gear. The aquarium provides habitats featuring life in the Atlantic Ocean, the inland sounds, the marshlands, creeks and rivers.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.