Norris Geyser Basin (NGB) General
1 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Norris Geyser Basin is the hottest geyser basin in Yellowstone. It has 2 1/4 miles (3.6 km) of trails, and is divided into two basins, Porcelain Basin and Back Basin. Porcelain Basin is open and full of densely packed thermal features and Back Basin is wooded and has more isolated features. Here you’ll find the world’s tallest active geyser, Steamboat Geyser. This guide covers thirteen of the more popular features found in Norris geyser Basin. See the individual Spots to learn more about these features.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
Offer ends March 28
This spot appears in 1 guide.