Nine Maidens Stone Circle (Dartmoor)
3 images 2 contributors
About this spot
This ancient stone circle (also known as Seventeen Brothers) and cairn was erected to surround a round burial barrow from the Bronze Age, or kistvaen (kist), as they are named on Dartmoor. On the Ordnance Survey Map the stone circle appears as Nine Stones, but it is more widely known as The Nine Maidens.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.