About this spot
The city of Newport has been a popular travel destination since soon after it was founded on July 4, 1866, despite that fact that there wasn’t a road to get there until 1927. Most modern-day visitors head to the Bayfront district for shops, restaurants and attractions. The busy harbor is home to the largest commercial fishing fleet in Oregon. Historic Nye Beach, the original oceanfront resort district, has become something of an artists colony.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.