About this spot
The Dôme des Invalides was initially built in 1677 as the French royal chapel. It was the tallest building in Paris until the Eiffel Tower was constructed. Emperor Napoleon I was entombed in the Dome in 1861 after initially being buried on Saint Helena in 1840.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.