Naches Peak Loop, Mount Rainier National Park
8 images 2 contributors
T. Kirkendall and V. Spring
About this spot
The Naches Peak Loop is a scenic 4.5 mile ramble through some of the best flower fields in Mt. Rainier National Park. This loop route leads visitors around beautiful Tipsoo Lake then joins the famous Pacific Crest Trail for a short, scenic, mile passing wildflower meadows, bubbling creeks, a pretty sub-alpine lake and commanding views. The return leg of the loop goes by another pretty tarn, with a view of Mt. Rainier, before descending through flower fields back to Tipsoo Lake. As an added bonus, the fall color along this trail is magnificent as the huckleberry bushes turn bright yellows, brilliant reds and very photogenic oranges.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.