Myvatn Geothermal Area
5 images 2 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
This is a geothermal area and the hot thermal springs are not to be treated lightly. Pay strict attention to the all markers.
About this spot
The Mývatn Geothermal Area in Northern Iceland is a place like nowhere else on earth. It sits at the point where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet & is a geologist’s dream. The area has everything from volcanoes, bubbling mud, steaming earth, otherworldly landscapes, bright blue lakes & a smell that you will not forget in a hurry! If you have ever wanted to explore other planets, then this is a great place to start!
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.