MVA - Sour Lake
2 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Sour Lake is the largest pool (414 x 264 ft.; 126 x 80.5 m) in the Mud Volcano Area. It contains acidic water that would burn your skin if you entered. The sulfuric acid in the water also is responsible for the pale blue color you see.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.