About this spot
The Mud Volcano Area is an area full of hot springs and fumaroles that contain some of the most acidic features in the park. This area is is also renowned for for its unpleasant smell due to the concentration of hydrogen sulfide! Some of the best known features in this area are: Churning Caldron; Dragon’s Mouth Spring; Mud caldron, Mud Volcano; Sour Lake; Sulphur Caldron; and Turbulent Pool. See the individual Spots for each of these features.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.