1 images 1 contributors
About this spot
While Mt. Haynes (8,218 feet 2,505 m) is not one of the most impressive mountains you will see, it has a historical significance that makes it important for photographers. The mountain is named for Frank Jay Haynes (1853-1921), the first official photographer of the park. It is not often photographers get peaks named after them, so I thought I would point it out! This also a good spot to get close to the Madison River, and look for wildlife along the banks.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.