5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
The Olympic Mountains, the Cascades, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and even, occasionally, Seattle can be view from the open summit of Mount Townsend. Then there are the wildflowers. The rich understory of native rhododendrons bloom on the lower sections. Higher up are broad meadows spotted with clumps of phlox and paintbrush. The distance to the summit is 5.5 miles with many switchbacks and an elevation gain of 3500 feet.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.