Mount Fremont Lookout, Mount Rainier National Park
11 images 2 contributors
T. Kirkendall and V. Spring
About this spot
Mt. Fremont is the location of a fire lookout with a view that extends all the way north to Mt. Baker near the Canadian border. Views within the park include forests, mountains and meadows including nearby Berkeley Park and the extensive Grand Park. Of course, Mt. Rainier is the dominate landmark. The Mt. Fremont area is known for its mountain goats. Tracks of the goats are commonly seen along the trail as well as the hair they shed in the spring and summer. The goats tend to shy away from people, which is a good thing because they can be extremely dangerous. Look for them on the east side of ridge near the lookout.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.