Moraine Park Tarn, Mount Rainier National Park
5 images 1 contributors
T. Kirkendall and V. Spring
About this spot
Hidden by a line of trees, Moraine Park Tarn is just a few feet off the Wonderland Trail,. Most hikers simply walk by without ever realizing they are passing a one of the hidden gems of Mt. Rainier National Park. Wildflowers bloom in the meadows around the shores of the tarn adding color and interest to the reflection of the northeast face of The Mountain viewed in its still waters. The only disadvantage of this location is long trek required to reach it.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.