MHS - Liberty Cap
2 images 2 contributors
About this spot
Liberty Cap is a 45-foot tall (13.7 m) extinct hot spring. As the spring emerged from the ground it laid down dense layers of travertine creating the cone over time. Liberty Cap received its name from the Hayden Expedition in 1871. The cone was thought to resemble the conical hats worn during the French Revolution.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.