About this spot
Angel Terrace is the last stop on the one-way road before reuniting with Hwy 89, the main park road. Angel Terrace is a good example of just how dynamic the forces of change are in Yellowstone. For decades the spring was inactive and came back to life in 1985. Since then it has fluctuated between periods of moderate activity to dry periods. The active areas are stained brown, green, orange, and red with thermophiles, bacterium or other microorganisms, living in the pools of thermal water.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.