About this spot
Maple Glade is an easily accessible grove of big leaf maples. The trees are huge and beautifully decorated with masses of moss. The forest floor is a delightful combination of ferns and mats of low vegetation. Depending on the time of year, several streams run through the glade giving it the look of a southern bayou rather than a northwest forest. The nearby, historic Kestner Homestead offers an interesting look at the life of the early homesteaders who attempted to farm in the rain forest.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.