Shoot with care
Keep off the marshes to avoid disturbing the sea birds. The reserve is an intertidal mudflat and saltmarsh, so access is difficult and potentially dangerous. Use the network of footpaths including along the seawall for views across the marshes.
About this spot
Fabulous place for photography, wonderful light, over 500 acres of coastal grazing, marsh lagoons and former salt marshes. A path runs along the sea wall with marshes on one side and the sea on the other with wonderful views across the Solent and to the Isle of Wight. This is an important spot for over wintering birds.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers