About this spot
Lyme Regis, a little seaside resort back dropped by moody blue cliffs, boasts some stunning scenery but the Cobb that snakes out into the sea protecting the harbour and town from the worst of the winter waves, is the star attraction. The Cobb is an atmospheric location to shoot especially in brooding weather when winter waves crash into and over it. Lyme Regis is also famous for its Blue Lias clay, and in particular the remarkable fossil remains of creatures from the Jurassic seas of 180 million years ago that it hides.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.