About this spot
Lookout Mountain Lookout stands on a tower in a wildflower covered meadow near the summit of Lookout Mountain and commands a sweeping view over a broad swath of the North Cascades. The distance to the lookout and back again is 8.5 miles with a breathtaking 4500-foot elevation gain. This area is not as crowded as the easier to reach Hidden Lake Peaks or Cascade Pass. (Monogram Lake, the alternative destination, offers a very photogenic view up the Cascade River valley before the trail ends in the forested lake basin).
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.