About this spot
The legend around the bold name “Lake of Love” generally goes like this: A girl named Minna fell in love with Stromberg the warrior and when forbidden by her father to continue, ran away and died of exhaustion in Stomberg’s arms by the lake. Minnewater was named in her honour, a beautiful area with swans milling around the stunning Behijnhof that surrounds the upper area of the lake. A busy area for historic architecture, tourism and passing local life, also a parking area for the horse carriages.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.