About this spot
The pink house on the corner of Rue Girardon has become famous through the painting by Maurice Utrillo. He was the son of Suzanne Valadon, a prostitute and painter herself. Who his father is is not known. When he was born she went to Renoir, for whom she had posed nine months earlier, but he refused to acknowledge him. Degas, for whom she had also modeled, also refused. The Spanish artist Miguel Utrillo then decided to adopt the baby because, he said, he wanted to put his name under a work by Renoir of Degas. Maurice only started to use the name Utrillo when he was 27. All his life he would paint Parisian city views, especially around Montmartre.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.