About this spot
The hollow shell of Knowlton church, surrounded by a Neolithic earthwork, is one of Dorset’s most atmospheric places and reputedly, one of its most haunted. Numerous ghostly sightings have been reported at the site including a phantom horse and rider, faces peering from the tower window, a weeping woman and a menacing male figure dressed top to toe in black. Ghoulish tales aside, the church and the surrounding earthworks are truly magical to photograph in the right conditions.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.