Shoot with care
This is unsupervised outdoor museum and national heritage. Please respect the objects and do not cause unnecessary damage. The area is also the central habitat for brown bear. It is common for bears to roam in the area. If coming alone, it is a good idea to "be heard" so the animals have a chance to move away.
About this spot
Jelendol Partisan Hospital (Partizanska bolnica Jelendol) was operational during Second World War. It is located deep in the forests of Kočevski Rog. It was built by partisans in order to hospitalise their wounded fighters. The hospital was never found by Nazi forces due to remote and hidden location and careful access by selected few workers and couriers. The buildings are well preserved and renovated.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers