About this spot
The churches date from the 13th century when monk Yoakim found them. Ivanovo rock church is a World Heritage site situated in the picturesque Rusenski Lom valley. The valley is a karst region covered with picturesque meanders and cliffs, some of which are tens of metres high. The area teams with wildlife, especially birds such as the Black Stork, Golden Orioles, Eagle Owls, as well as Golden Jackal, Bats, Wild Cats and more.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.