About this spot
In Ile Rousse Corsicans play “le Petanque” nearly every day. It is a national sport. It is slightly different from the regular “lawn bowls game”. They play with iron bowls and a wooden Jack (or kitty). Players, when throwing the bowl need to stay inside a circle that is usually marked with a foot at the start of each match. You will not regret dedicating your time to watching and photographing them playing.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.