About This Spot
From the parking area it is a 1.6 mile walk on a partially paved trail, with several steep sections, to the summit of Hurricane Hill. The top of the hill is the site of an old fire lookout of which there is little left other than an exceptional 360 degree view. To the west are Mount Olympus and Mount Carrie, to the north look down on the ships passing through the Strait of Juan de Fuca, over 5,700 feet below. In late-June through mid-July, expect wildflowers.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.