About this spot
This is an off-the-beaten track viewpoint overlooking the fantastic Widecome Vale and Haytor. The walk up to the tor is not way marked but there is a navigable path which leads up to the rock which you can see from the green lane below or from the top of Chinkwell Tor. Additionally, there is a great viewpoint of the town and church also from here using a telephoto lens you can capture Haytor and Hound Tor to the east. Chinkwell Tor, Bel Tor and the main Chinkwell Tor Cairns are nearby viewpoints.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.