About this spot
The Whalehead Club is the most photographed, and famous, structure in this area. It lies on the shores of Currituck Sound and has its own reflecting pond, boathouse and marina. Nearby, at the outlet of the marina, is an arched foot bridge flanked by live oaks which is also very scenic. Several other old buildings in Corolla are worth looking at such as the old one-room schoolhouse and the chapel. The final site that should not be missed is the overgrown boardwalk which tunnels through the dense estuarine vegetation along the shoreline as it heads out to the open waters of the Sound.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.