About this spot
Blaengarw is the uppermost village in the Garw Valley. A former mining community dating back to the 19th century. In Welsh Blaen means head of or front. The forestry above the valley provides spectacular views for the landscape photographer. It is about 1.5 k to walk from the car park to the top vantage point with a number of photographic opportunities on the way. There are are possibilities for urban photography in the village particularly the old Workmens' Hall which has beautiful external mosiacs illustrating the history of the community.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.