About This Spot
The Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail (PCT) earns its reputation for scenic vistas as it heads north through subalpine meadows. Expect wildflowers in late-July and brightly colored meadows spiked with brightly gleaming larch trees by the last week of September. Other areas to explore include the excellent views of mountains, meadows, and larches to be found on the PCT South, which can be accessed from the Windy Pass Trailhead or by turning left at Harts Pass on the Meadows Campground road for 2 miles. A third option is the first couple miles of the Buckskin Ridge-Silver Lake trail, located on the second switchback of the Slate Peak road. (Carry a Forest Map or Green Trails Maps 50 and No. 18, to avoid confusion among the numerous trails passing through this area).
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.