About this spot
Hannegan Peak is located in the Mount Baker Wilderness area, near the boundary of North Cascades National Park. The trail climbs through a narrow valley, surrounded by snow and ice capped Peaks then up through the forest for the first 4 miles to reach Boundary Camp, a backcountry campsite near Hannegan Pass. Go left for the final mile to the summit of Hannegan Peak The trail is steep, but the effort is richly rewarded with views. Roaming tableland at the top is a star-studded line-up of the North Cascades: Baker, Shuksan, Ruth as well as Challenger, Triumph, Redoubt, Nooksack Ridge, East Nooksack Glacier, and much more.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.