Hance Rapids Scouting Overlook
2 images 1 contributors Shoot freely
About this spot
Hance Rapids is the largest rapid in the Grand Canyon above Phantom Ranch, rated 7 to 8 (on a scale of 1 - 10). Many raft trips will stop and scout this rapid. The standard scouting spot is located above the river on the north side and provides an excellent view of the river and canyon.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.