Hall of Mosses
4 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Nature created a grand cathedral in the Hall of Mosses. Towering big leaf maple trees with massive trunks and long, flowing streamers of moss provide a feeling of grandeur and awe in this small glade. Thanks to the elk that wander through the area, the forest floor is open with a simple covering of moss and a few ferns. This is an ever changing environment, limbs drop and new trees sprout wherever they have access to daylight. The trail through the Hall of Mosses is short, a 0.8 mile loop. When the trail divides, go left through a nice section of fir trees then on to the Hall of Mosses at 0.2 miles.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.