Hadrian’s Wall - Sycamore Gap
18 images 4 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
As of September 28 2023, the world-famous tree at Sycamore Gap was deliberately felled in an act of vandalism. We hope you enjoy this archive of images from one of England's most recognisable landscape photography locations.
About this spot
The sycamore of Sycamore Gap is probably one of the most photographed trees in Northumberland. Sitting at the bottom of a gracefully-curved glacial nick, the position of the tree is perfect for symmetrical compositions.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.