About this spot
Cawfields was once the site of a productive quarry. The quarry is long closed and Cawfields is now a popular area for a picnic or as a location to start a walk along Hadrian’s Wall. Cawfields is dominated by two features: a large and deep lake, and a steep, triangular-shaped crag. A short path from the car park around the lake leads to the remains of Milecastle 42.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.