Great Chishill Windmill
3 images 2 contributors
About this spot
The first authentic record of a mill here appears in 1592. The first recorded owners were the Cooke family and the first recorded miller was Joseph Rule in 1677. Cambridgeshire County Council acquired the mill in the 1960s, after William Pegram stopped working it in 1951. It was preserved and open to the public, until the autumn of 2010, when the Council deemed the Windmill surplus to requirements after the authority made budget-tightening rearrangements and closed it. However, in February 2012, the freehold of the mill was transferred to the Great Chishill Windmill Trust and plans are afoot to restore and re-open the mill.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.