Shoot with care
Stick to paths and respect barriers
Area of pristine beauty - let's keep it that way!
About this spot
Grasmere is a small but pleasing lake near Ambleside. There are many hiking paths in the area, and to get this view it is best to climb up the trail to Loughrigg Fell from the shores of the lake. There are vistas from all the altitudes that you reach on the path, and from there you can select your best point of view.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers