About this spot
There are four viewpoints along North Harborview Drive in Gig Harbor each with a slightly different view of Mount Rainier with the boat-filled harbor in the foreground. The first viewpoint is from the bridge over North Creek (also known as Donkey Creek) adjacent to the Harbor History Museum. The second, and in my opinion the best of the four, is from a vacant waterfront lot further north on Harborview Drive past the bridge. The third is the Bogue Viewing Platform down the street from the vacant lot. And the fourth is from the top of the Finholm View Climb, a set of stairs (100 steps) with several viewing platforms yet further north on Harborview.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.