About this spot
Together with Monte Mario and Pincio, the Gianicolo terrace is one of the most panoramic spots in the city, with an eastbound view of the neighboring districts and the major architectural monuments of the historical city center up to the Colli Albani, the Monti Tiburtini, Prenestini, and the major peaks of the western Appennini (Terminillo, Velino, Monti Simbruini). To the south-west of the viewpoint is Villa Doria Pamphili, while on its western slopes is the Botanical Garden of Rome, the Regina Coeli prison and further south the Trastevere district.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.